Recent works + art style

When it comes to my "art style", I'm not really sure what it is. Not yet anyways.. It's like in the world of photography. People have different styles of shooting. Lifestyle, documentary, portrait, etc. As well as different styles of editing (bright & airy, rich & colorful, dark & moody, matte.. etc). I have always been more prone to lifestyle & documentary but as far as editing style? It's always been all over the place. I went through a matte phase, then a rich & colorful, then a dark & moody. I really just cycle through them, really lol.

My art is the same way. I seem to cycle through different variations of styles. Whether it be more natural color tones or rich & colorful tones... or maybe a little combination of both. 

Lately, however, I have been finding myself wanting to paint with really rich, bold colors. 


I live in Florida so everything around me is pretty vibrant and bright and colorful, so maybe that attributes to my inspiration to use these types of colors? 


I love the creative process and journey behind it but man, it does get a bit annoying sometimes. Because there are moments where I will create a piece that is completely different from the rest...


And I am left wondering, what the heck is my style? 

I mean, as an artist, shouldn't I have my own distinct style? All these years I have basically just floated around and created something that I felt I wanted to create at that given moment. I don't really ever see myself walking away from the process and I would never force myself to just stick to one specific style but it would make building a portfolio a whole lot easier lol!

To check out more of my original artwork, click on the "artwork" link in the menu at the top! :) 


No comments