Custom Logo Design - Hailey Faria Photography

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of working with Hailey of Hailey Faria Photography. She has been a repeat customer of mine and so I was ecstatic when she asked me about designing a custom logo for her business.

The process involved not only our discussions, back and forth with one another, but also looking over all of her work and really getting a feel for her style and the kind of artist she is (which is amazing, btw!).

Once we communicated with some ideas and thoughts with one another, the design process started.


I sketched out (in pencil) a rough draft of the design I had in my head (per our conversations) and then took my artist pens and filled in the rest.

The final product was a black and white logo which I would then scan and upload to the computer for some retouching and clean up, etc.


Hailey had told me about her travels and how she wanted a logo that represented that aspect of her life. So I immediately thought of a mountain backdrop with tall pins to the front cast by shadows from a crescent moon (complete with a waterfall off the to the side).

Hailey loved the logo design and now came the fun part. Adding some color and texture! She stated that she was looking for a color palette that was a bit "dreamy" yet wouldn't take away from the overall design of the logo.

After a few tweaks in PS and AI, we came up with the final logo design (which might possibly one of my favorites to date!).


After creating a color palette, I added a gradient to the sky portion of the logo. The gradient would be similar to the sun setting with the moon coming up above the mountain tops. The grey color of the trees would represent the shadows cast from the sun setting behind the mountains and the gold outline of the top portion of the triangle, mountains and the moon was the texture portion of the logo.


Hailey wanted an all lowercase, serif font so the final logo was completed using the Antic Didone font (can be found HERE) and then we added in a small divider (of sorts) right below the design and just above her name.


I absolutely love Hailey's work and not only is she an amazingly talented photographer but she does travel sessions and hosts her very own workshops!!

If you would like to learn more about Hailey and her work you can visit her WEBSITE or INSTAGRAM or FACEBOOK - And don't forget to show her some love!!



If you are interested in having some custom design work done or if you have any questions regarding my custom design services, please fill out the contact form (link in menu) and I will get back to you as soon as I can so we can discuss all the details :)




No comments